Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Stupid Caliper Mounts ...

.. Are Stupid

A normally routine brake pad change turned into not having a vehicle when one sliding bolt on each of my rear brake caliper mounts have seized. This means that I can not remount my calipers until they are loosened. On the bright side I did get to use my hammer in anger.

I've doused them in some lubricant and will try to get them loosened tomorrow. If not I will have to replace the whole mounts. I've a fairly common car so I should be able to find working mounts at one of several local junk yards.

Why does the Cutethulhu blog care? There won't be much time for updates until I get my car on the road again.

2 comments:

  1. UPDATE . Bought new caliper brackets which will be in tomorrow. Got a new rotor also. Everything should be back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After two trips to the parts store I've replaced the caliper brackets and pins, brake pads and one rotor. The total cost was about $100 in cash and a few hours of time spread out over the last few days. I should be able to get back to regular comic making stuff tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete