Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Comic 20091027

Rubies of Eventide. I'm posting this a few days ahead of schedule and scheduling to post when the comic comes out. This comic is about a morpg I put a great many hours into. Generally in these sorts of games I'm not very social. I'm a slow typist and generally not a quick wit when trying to pay attention to more than one thing. But during my time there I made friends.

Like Roland says in this comic the various systems in the game were a joy to play with. And that is what kept me around originally while I figured out mining and crafting and what stats and skills helped what. Eventually, the community there took center stage. They are a good group of people.

That game has passed on into a digital heaven and a large group of the staff and dedicated players are preserving that community and building a new game from scratch around a preexisting engine.

This strip is built around a certain client crash tied to the hill giant mob and as such it is a simple page. I blocked it out years ago but this morning I woke up with a touch of insomnia and had a real hankering to log my archer and shoot arrows at things. I felt pretty bad that I couldn't do that and instead I dug out this rouch comic and spent the morning inking scanning and coloring.

The new game Dawn of Iskirra is discussed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment