Friday, November 20, 2009

Javascript Navigation

I'm unused to javascript. It is a pain for me but i will suffer through a few hours picking away making a javascript next/previous buttons that will follow the story time and not the creation time.

I actually have one loaded now. It is untested. I don't want to update the comic manually to start testing it. Because, the last time I tried that it updated the comics in the queue and made me think I had traveled to the future. So, I'll wait until tomorrow when the comic auto updates and puts the script on the daily pages. From there I should be able to upload fixes directly.

The script so far has two possible problems already and a part I left out, but it is a bit late in the day to start hunting around for fixes.

I've done a handy amount of perl (moons ago) and php coding and if I could run php easily on the comic server I'd have been done with this moments after the inception.

edit: After working on this for far too long I finally have a working version up. look for the |<- <- title -> ->| near the top of the daily pages. If anybody has problems with this .. keep it to your self. I'm not fooling around with it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment