Thursday, January 14, 2010

Comic 20100114


My first official full comic done with vector lines using GIMP. I used the scanned rough as a guide and picked through curve by curve putting it together. It is a little disjointed in a few places but overall I'm happy with the results. Cankers 11 is the last 'Cankers' page . Yay! Roland escapes Mary's clutches .. for now.

I have never had great control over my drawn lines and even worse control when using the tablet. The vector is a little stale, but for finishing line work on the computer it is a little quicker and neater than slicking that tablet pen around.

From here I'm not sure which way I'm going. I have some background pages to do, I'm nearly ready to start the next school year, and a few other things laying around, particularly link images, vote incentives, and that sort of thing. Going to try a few more projects with the vector tool and see if I can refine it a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment