Thursday, January 28, 2010

Comic 20100128

I originally conceived this to be someplace else. More accurately, the idea for it came from Not a Good Apology but I didn't want to wait so far into the story to get Q thinking about sweet love.
Swollen Hardenings.

Something happens often when lettering these. For some reason my mind diverges from the script and I find I've written something I didn't intend to or phrased something a little differently. That happened on the several panels here. Originally Q was completely oblivious to what was happening to her but in the final version she admits to experimenting with self-arousal a little. It makes the punchline a little weaker I think.

To complete my need to be a pretentious art person I bought a Micron01 pen. Which makes a boring skinny line. I was going to accent some of this with the big, chunky Flair but I wanted to see how the micron lines scanned and how a picture looked with the thin line. It did make drawing hands easier. The next one I ink on paper I'll try to keep in mind to use the different pens. The blue gray outlines are other students in the hallway, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment