Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Comic 20100225-wip


I've been awake a long time. The routine surgery my family member went in for turned a little serious when their heart stopped beating for about 20 seconds. When they were extubated and the vagus nerve got a little pokey. Everything is fine, but there were a good many doctors floating around for a while. They are spending the night in the hospital, which adds another trip to the big city tomorrow.

I'll be working on this comic tonight and will likely just post it regardless of how much is done as long as the dialog is worked out. The sample is a good example of about a 1/5 finished piece. I've got to work on Mary, clean up lines a bit more, throw in the background, color, and add dialog. The rest of the page is in the same state.

While spending all that time in the waiting room today I did get the next Mary and Roland page scripted and thumbed. This has been one of the hardest to write for me. There is some character driven stuff that I was finding it hard to approach. Once I had it down it seemed a great deal smaller of a problem than I tricked myself into thinking it was. As a result nobody will be impressed with the time I spent dithering over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment