Saturday, September 11, 2010

Comic 20100911

A 15 minute page is gracing the comic today at Marla Gets Company 2. It seems that since Mary and Marla last met in Marla and Mary Again 3 Marla has a few new moves. In the timeline it has only been 10 days but it is about quality not quantity.

This is typically how a comic page starts out for me. I have a rough idea and a thumbnail in a comp book with some dialog. Then, I rough sketch, then rough in the layers. Here we have layers from top to bottom. Letters, Frames, Lines, Color, Bglines, background. This is where I stopped today.

I would clean and sketch and color and for this one add a shade layer and word balloons. Another hour or more of work, but I will be sleeping by then.

Spent a good bit of time beating my head against a side project and will be spending a most of the weekend working on different home projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment