Sunday, August 06, 2006

Comic 20060726


The shortest distance. I've decided I just need to hammer these out. Honestly working on one for 3 hours vs working on one for 5 hours doesn't produce much noticable inprovement to my eye.

I did use a different techinique for this one. I printed out the line work and colored it with pencils and scanned that in and layered it under the original lines, then put a semi-transparent layer of quick digital coloring between the two. It looks alright and was relatively quick. The only problem was synching up the size and tilt between the two scans. I don't think I ever did get it spot on, but I know more what I need to do to do better next time.

I also bought a set of 'cartooning' dip pens. They are pretty fun so far and really do produce a different set of lines. I'm very keen on getting to use them some more. It might be the thing to get me to start working on character sketches for the characters page

No comments:

Post a Comment